Last week, we reported a new update for Steam. It adds support for push notifications. However, the update made the app unusable as it always crashes on splash screen. Users using it as mobile authenticator became angry and dissapointed as they can’t confirm trades and use their account on other devices. They bombarded the app with low ratings in the Store. Well good news! In all fairness to Valve, in less than a week, they push an update to fix the issue. The app should be working fine after the update. The app version bumped to 184.108.40.206. Head to the Windows Store to grab the update or click the link below.
The official Steam app for mobile Windows devices provides authentication, trade, and community features to secure and enhance your Steam experience.
You’ll be able to:
– Ensure the security of your account with Steam Guard multifactor authentication;
– Send and confirm trades with friends;
– Sell your in-game items in the Steam Community Market straight from your Inventory;
– Browse the Steam storefront and keep up with the latest games, promotions, and sales;
– Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
Developer: Valve Corporation
OS: Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1