Microsoft has released an update to Groove Music for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring for Windows 10 PC, phone, and HoloLens. The updated version v3.6.2438.0 includes some improvements and further Cortana Integration.
- Playlists from Your Groove and Explore now get tracked in the recent plays section.
- We updated the app so that it warns you when you’re about to add duplicate content to your playlists.
- If you have a Groove Music Pass, Cortana will now play music by genre even if your collection doesn’t have any music in that genre. Cortana, play ROCK! Cortana will also do a better job when you simply tell her to play music. She’ll play music even if you have zero music in your collection. She’ll pull from Top Music in that case.
- We added a bit more telemetry to the Cortana integration with Groove Music so that we can even better understand when she doesn’t deliver on your requests related to music.
- We updated the app so that it automatically enters full screen mode on the console.
- We updated the Feedback Hub app so that it collects even better information about your collection when you submit feedback about the app.
- We updated the way the app looks for music on SD cards so that discovery is more reliable.
- We made changes to improve local playback.
Get the latest version of Groove Music for Windows 10 from here.