Earlier this week, Microsoft released its latest feature update for Windows 10 – the Anniversary Update codenamed Redstone 1 which brings the said OS to version 1607. This is the third feature update following Threshold 1 (Build 10240 July version) and Threshold 2 (Build 10586 version 1511). As reported before, Redstone will have 2 installments – Redstone 1 and Redstone 2. Redstone 1 will be focusing more on feature updates for PCs and Redstone 2 for Mobile which are due on the anniversary of Windows 10 and 2017 respectively. However, a Microsoft TechNet’s blog post by Nathan Mercer revealed that there will be 2 more feature updates in 2017.
“Windows10, version 1607 is our third Windows10 feature update released. Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”
The fifth feature update is assumed to be Redstone 3. There are no clear details on what will be the focus of this update but this might shift again to PC features. We will keep an eye on Redstone 3 and will update you as we get more information.
The blog post also mentioned where IT Pros can get Windows 10 version 1607.
- Windows10, version 1607 is available for download today from the Volume Licensing Service Center (for Volume License customers) and from the MSDN Subscriptions Center (for Visual Studio/MSDN subscribers).
- If you have already deployed Windows10, you can get the Windows10, version 1607 update today from Windows Update or Windows Update for Business.
- If you have already deployed Windows10 and use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and/or System Center Configuration Manager servicing plans, you can get the Windows 10, version 1607 update on August 16th.
- If you haven’t yet deployed Windows10 in your organization, you can download the latest Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to test Windows10, version 1607 free for 90 days.
- Windows10 Enterprise Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) 2016 media will be available beginning October 1st.
Did you already install Windows10 Anniversary Update? Want to know more about it? We got you covered! Visit the related links below!
Review: Windows10 Mobile Anniversary Update
Here is what’s new in Windows10 Mobile Anniversary Update
You can now install Windows Anniversary update on your PC using Media Creation Tool
Microsoft is now rolling out Windows Anniversary update to PC
Windows10 Mobile Anniversary update will be available in the coming weeks
Here are the ISO Download Links for Windows10 Version 1607 Anniversary Update
Microsoft: Windows10 Mobile Anniversary Update will begin rolling out from 9th August
Here is Another Way to Get Windows10 Anniversary Update