It’s only three days left to install Windows 10 for free on desktops. Is it worth it? You can check this out here. Today we will show you how to install Windows 10 with few ways.
Option 1 – upgrade from WIndows 7/8.1
This is the easiest way. There is actually no way to fail it.
- On the bottom right side of taskbar, left mouse click on Windows logo.
- In the window, click “Upgrade now”.
- Accept everything. After that go to Control Panel and then Windows Update. Windows Update should find update automatically, but if not – click “Check for update”. Remember that Windows 10 is huge and it will take some time to download (it depends on your internet speed). Remember to have 3.5 GB of free storage.
- After that, click to install update. Windows will restart automatically. It’ll take some time to install Windows 10 – it depends on how much stuff you got on your computer.
Option 2 – media creation tool – creating bootable pendrive
This option is slightly harder. From Media Creation Tool you can make upgrade your PC just like with option 1. But we will focus on bootable pendrive (you can also do bootable DVD, but it requires external software like Nero).
- Go to this website and download Media Creation Tool.
- Open it. Accept license and in second window select “Create installation media for another computer” and click “next”.
- Here you can select language, Windows version and choose between 64 or 32 bit version of Windows. Click “next”.
- Choose “USB flash drive” and from list select your pendrive.
- Tool will download ISO and make bootable pendrive.
- After that reboot your PC (make sure in BIOS you have selected removable device as first to boot).
- Install Windows. Remember! In this way you have to own Windows 10 key, or use your Windows 8.1/7 key before 31 July.
That’s all the official ways! Thanks to that you’ll receive newest Windows 10 with all the newest updates.