After briefly beta testing it’s new Windows 10 app, Viber has now released the Universal app to users of it’s stable version.
The app adds much requested features like video calling, support for transparent tiles and pinning conversations. The app also supports actionable notifications, which means that you can reply quickly from within the notification.
Here’s a full list of what’s new:
- Video calls on Mobile: Viber now allows mobile users to make video calls to other Viber users, making it more useful as a Skype replacement apps in places where Viber is more popular than Skype.
- Quick Reply: You can now quickly reply to messages originating from Viber just like the messaging, Skype and Line Windows 10 apps.
- Cortana Support: Viber now allows users to quickly start phone calls using Cortana as originally announced prior to the launch of Windows 10 at Build 15
- Message liking support: You now have the abiliy to like messages or other content, this is good for saying “k” in a 1-1 chat but with expending even less effort
- Sharing to Viber via the share charm
- Transparent tile
- Pin chats to start for quick access
- Support for Russian and Portuguese
The new app version 6.1 is now available to download from the Windows Store. Download it from here.