Microsoft’s popular Remote Desktop app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile is ready to be pushed to the production build today if you download it as an update. Company is also keeping alive its preview version. And the reason behind keeping the preview version is that not all the features of 8.1 version are not available in Windows 10 version.
Here is what you can expect from the app:-
- Desktop connections are preserved
- User names are preserved
- Passwords need to be re-entered
- Gateways are preserved
- Remote resources URLs are preserved from Windows Phone 8.1 but require new sign in
- Remote resources are not preserved from Windows 8.1 and need to be re-added
- Some general settings are preserved
Here are the features which are not available yet:-
- Multiple simultaneous connections
- Dynamic resolution and rotation
- Printer redirection
- Smartcard redirection
- Microphone support
- Localized app (currently English only)
One good thing is that you can keep the both official and preview version on the same device.
You can download Remote Desktop app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile from the links below.