Last year, Microsoft launched Windows 10 for everyone on 29th July. We know that Windows 10 is one of the fastest growing operating system launched by Microsoft and the new operating system continues to grow. The latest report from Net Market Share reveals some new interesting changes. Windows 10 growth has slowed down, according to the new report.
The operating system is gaining market share slowly and its pace continues to drop. Windows 10 now captures 14.35% market share, Windows 7 market share has dropped a bit and that’s one of the good news in the report.
- Windows 7 now claims 48.79% of the market (down from 51.89%)
- Windows XP: 9.66% (down from 10.9%)
- Windows 8.1: 9.16% (down from 9.56%)
- Windows 8: 2.95% (up from 2.45%)
- OS X 10.11: 3.96% (down from 4.05%)
- Linux: 1.56% (down from 1.78%)
We hope to see growth in Windows 10 adoption rate as Microsoft is gearing to launch Anniversary update in the month of July. Windows Redstone is the next major update for the operating system. It will introduce a slew of changes with lots of cool new features.