Today Microsoft made available Visual Studio 2015 update 2 CTP, a new update to Visual studio 2015 on Windows desktop. Visual Studio is the company ‘s well known integrated development environment for editing code and creating apps.
This update is designed to fix and improve Visual Studio 2015. These are the fixes that Microsoft noted are in this update:
- Crashes when editing C# or Visual Basic files while editing
- Crashes when updating error list entries for C# and Visual Basic projects while editing
- Out of memory exceptions when C# and Visual Basic projects are kept open for long sessions
- Delays when opening C++ projects
- Over 300 C++ compiler bugs (some address code-generation issues and required breaking changes; see Breaking Changes in Visual C++ 2015 Update 2)
- Errors when creating document-level projects for Office 2016 with the Office Developer Tools
- Hangs when trying to access local help
- Setup fixes:
- Hangs in setup when using read-only or disconnected drives
- Failures with uninstallable packages and when selecting features
Microsoft also added a few more improvements.