Earlier Microsoft had released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 PC’s and Hololens Headset. Now the company has released the Anniversary Update to its Surface Hub device.
Below is the list of new features in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for the Surface Hub:
Inking support across Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
People love inking on Surface Hub! With this update, we are extending inking across Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This means the people can now pick up a pen to start annotating directly on their Word docs or Excel sheets on the hub. We’ve also added a “Draw” toolbar in the ribbon with a variety of inking tools.
Support for simultaneous Pen and Touch
Now people can use both hands to edit content on the fly, or use a mixture of pen and touch when multiple people are collaborating with the Surface Hub. This is possible even while several apps are open simultaneously.
Save & Recall Whiteboards directly through OneDrive
One of the most loved features of Surface Hub is the ability to send whiteboards to meeting participants via e-mail as image or OneNote file. Now, we’ve added the ability to sign in, to save and recall Whiteboards directly from OneDrive. This helps people pick up right where their last meeting ended with a simple and secure sign-in experience.
Support for 3rd party peripherals
We’ve added support for third-party peripherals to offer choice and flexibility in audio, video and microphone configuration. Our Surface Hub and Skype for Business engineering teams have successfully tested the following devices. We will continue testing across our partner portfolio in the upcoming months to confirm additional peripherals.
- BiAmp TesiraForte CI
- Jabra 810
- Logitech Group
- Logitech PTZ Pro
- Polycom CX5100
Additional Feature updates
- PowerBI, OneDrive, Photos are now preloaded apps on the Surface Hub
- Flash support for Edge
- Skype for Business improvements, including support of Video Based Screen Sharing (VBSS) for improved content sharing, meeting call reliability improvements, video and gallery interface improvements and bugs fixes and meeting join performance improvements
- User Interface (UI) and Experience (UX) optimization to have the most common Surface Hub settings in one place
- Additional support for IT-based management and deployment via Intune
- Added support in Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD) for the Surface Hub Configuration Service Providers (CSPs). This allows customers to configure several Surface Hub settings using provisioning packages after Out-Of-Box-Experience (OOBE)
- Improved Surface Hub Log Analytics solution on Operations Management Suite (OMS), giving a clearer view of issues to monitor and recommended remediation
- Enhanced documentation about support for Windows Update for Business, allowing admins to control and stage Windows updates
- Support for replicating High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) protected video content onto external monitors
If any of our readers are holding the Surface Hub then you can get the Anniversary Update which is currently live. You can head to Settings>Check for Updates.